Book Title: CliffsNotes on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (Cliffsnotes Literature) (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)
Publisher: Cliffs Notes
Author: Annaliese F Connolly
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, you explore Shakespeare's greatest tragedyÂ â€”Â the heartbreaking love story of Romeo and Juliet amid the conflict between their two feuding families, the Montagues and the Capulets.
This study guide carefully walks you through every twist and turn of Shakespeare's classic by providing chapter summaries and critical analyses of each act and scene of the play. You'll also explore the life and background of the "Bard" himselfÂ â€”Â William Shakespeare. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- The history of the play's development, as well as its first performance
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure â€” you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.